Repairing Reputable Relationships

When you live with someone with an addiction, or with someone who is abusive, you begin to distance yourself from everyone else who is important in your life. Why? Well, you don't want to face the questions. You don't want to lie anymore. You simply avoid. The more time you spend around others, the more they are going to figure out. Also, if you are in an abusive relationship you are usually under strict control of what you are allowed to do.

Most of the relationships you have built up over time have suffered from your suffering. Now that you are out of the bad situation, it's very important to work on repairing those damaged relationships.

I have been through some difficult times in my life, but I am also very lucky. I'm lucky that my family and friends are extremely supportive, understanding and forgiving. I really don't know how I ended up with so many truly amazing people in my life. Shout out to all of you who have stuck it out with me. Thank you!

I have found that just expressing my feelings to those who matter has been the best healing process of all. As it turns out the people I care so much about care about me too.

Some damaged relationships may not be salvageable. This is just something you are going to have to accept. Those who matter and truly care for you will just be happy to have you reach out to them. You may find it very difficult to do and not know where to even begin. Simply start with "I'm sorry" and honesty. You can't get back to you without repairing those reputable relationships.

{photo credit: rosechimera.wordpress.com}

4 comments:

  1. I think it is very important to know how damaging abusive relationships. Often times, I do not believe people really notice when they are being abused because sometimes it starts with verbal use of language. Bad relationships are repairable but some are not worth going back to or hanging on to. Forgiving is the first step to overcoming these obstacles!

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am going to do a post or two specifically about abusive relationships so if this is a topic that interests you you'll have to check out those posts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got you girl! I'm in this friend relationship for life, you're never getting rid of me. ☺️ We are all so proud of you! Fantastic work on the blog posts.

    ReplyDelete