Healthy Habits

Everyone knows how important it is to eat healthy and exercise. I’m not here to push fitness down your throat. Either you are into it, or you aren’t. I just want to share with you the vast mental benefits of living healthier.

When you look good, you feel even better. If you are already exercising, then you know exactly what I am talking about (and good for you!). Exercise can reduce stress and anxiety, help you sleep more efficiently, and much more. Click on this link to see "13 Mental Health Benefits Of Exercise" from the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/27/mental-health-benefits-exercise_n_2956099.html

I am sure you have all experienced the feeling of being "hangry". We all get crabby when we are hungry enough. I have noticed in myself that when I don't exercise I exhibit this same crabbiness. I like to say I need to go run the crazy away.
 
I want to encourage you all to exercise. I’m not asking you to run a marathon or even to start going to the gym. The more achievable a goal is, the more likely you are to reach it. If you don’t exercise at all, you could simply start by going for a walk. Start a regiment of going on a sixty minute walk three times per week. You will notice the mental benefits of exercising rather quickly.



{photo credit: galleryhip.com}

1 comment:

  1. Great information Stephanie! I really like the idea of starting out by cutting out one thing at a time. If you make it easier to start, it should be easier to maintain!

    ReplyDelete